Please read the following carefully to understand Our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it. By continuing to use Our Site or any of the functionalities displayed on it you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Policy.
How We Collect Information.
We collect information you provide to us when you use our service, request services or other information from us, register for an account with us or otherwise interact with us.
We automatically collect information through various technologies when you use our services or interact with via emails.
By registering to use our services, you acknowledge and agree you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your registration information and password. You also acknowledge you are responsible for all of your use of our service under the registered account.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that We store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of Our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of Our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Targeting/Analytical/performance cookies. They allow Us to recognise and count the number of visitor, to see how visitors move around Our Site when they are using it, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make Our Site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose. This helps Us to improve the way Our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to Our Site. This enables Us to personalise Our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Social sharing. These cookies enable you to share any of Our content that you may find interesting with friends via email and social media platforms.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of Our Site.
For more information about cookies, please visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org
How We Use Your Information
Information We may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give Us.
- You may give Us information about you by filling in forms on Our Site or by corresponding with Us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you use the contact functionalities via Our Site, participate in any interactive services which We operate via Our Site or social media platforms, enter a competition, promotion or survey, log in to use our services via the individual user areas and when you report a problem with Our Site. The information you give Us may include without limitation your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, membership details, lifestyle and social circumstances, education and employment details, racial or ethnic origin, religious or other beliefs of a similar nature, personal description and photograph.
Information We collect about you.
- We may collect technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, if you give us your consent.
- We may automatically collect information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from Our Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call Our customer service number.
Information We receive from other sources
- We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites We operate from time to time or the other services We provide. We may also work closely with third parties (including, for example, but not limited to business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, survey and research organisations, professional advisors, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies and recruitment agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals.
We occasionally hire other companies to provide services on our behalf, including but not limited to processing payments. Those companies will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to perform the service requested. Potato Lift takes reasonable steps to ensure these organizations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
Your personal rights
If you believe that any of the personal information We hold about you is incorrect, you have the right to ask Us to rectify that information at any time.
You may also have the right, in certain circumstances, to request that We delete your personal information, to block any further processing of your personal information or to object to the processing of your personal information. There are some specific circumstances where these rights do not apply and We can refuse to deal with your request.
You have the right to ask Us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms We use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Us at email@example.com
If We are processing your personal information based upon your consent (e.g. as part of our marketing or promotional activities), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
If you require any further information about your right to rectification, erasure, restriction of or object to processing or you wish to withdraw your consent please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you think Our collection or use of personal information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate or if you have concerns about the security of your personal information, you also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Access to your personal data
You can find out if We hold any personal information about you by making a ‘subject access request’ under the DP Legislation. If We do hold information about you, We will:
- Give you a description of it;
- Tell you why We are holding;
- Tell you who it has been disclosed to; and
- Let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
Data Security, Integrity and Retention.
We are committed to the security, integrity, and confidentiality of your information. We have electronic and technical security measures which are designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized viewing, access, disclosure, use, and modification. We periodically review all security procedures to consider appropriate new measures which become available to us.
Despite all efforts, however, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We will retain your personal information for the length of time needed to fulfill your services and will strive to dispose of all personal information in a secure manner when the information is no longer reasonably necessary.
How Long Your Personal Data is held
We do not hold any personal data longer than necessary, having considered the purposes for processing.
Where your personal data is stored
Whilst not presently the case, the data that We collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for Us or for one of Our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy and in the event that this ever becomes necessary shall ensure that this is carried out subject to a Data Transfer Agreement for compliance with the Act.
All information you provide to Us is stored on Our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do Our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of your information
Where and to the extent that you have positively opted-in to permit Us to do so, We may share your personal information with any member of Our group from time to time, which means Our subsidiaries, Our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
Where and to the extent that you have positively opted-in to permit Us to do so, We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract We enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. Analytics and search engine providers that assist Us in the improvement and optimisation of Our Site.
- Survey and research organisations.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of Us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, where and to the extent that you have positively opted-in to permit Us to do so.
- If We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply contractual agreements; or to protect Our rights, property, or safety and those of Our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.